Thursday, June 14, 2007

Iguazu Falls, Take Two

I arrived in Iguazu yesterday afternoon, after a 15ish-hour bus ride (which wasn´t that bad--the buses here are approximately a thousand times better than the Greyhound/Chinatown buses in the U.S.), checked into the hostel and spent the afternoon in Puerto Iguazu and the evening hanging out at the hostel.

This morning, I woke up early, met up with my tour group and headed over to the national park.

The falls were AMAZING, although kind of hard to describe, so here is a video of La garganta del Diablo (the Devil´s Throat), which was probably the most impressive in terms of size:



Other views of the waterfalls:



After trekking around the park, I took one of the boat rides on offer under the falls, which was really fun, although obviously I don´t have any pictures to prove it!

No comments: